Importance of Drain Line Maintenance
Think about what goes down your drains every day. When you wash dishes, different grease and food particles get washed down the drained when you shower, hair, soap, and dirt make their way through your home’s plumbing system. If you don’t regularly clean out your shower and sink drains, all the buildup can cause issues with your home’s sewage lines and pipes. You must schedule drain cleaning routinely to minimize future problems and damage to your home.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning
Improves the lifespan of the drain – Regular cleaning can increase the lifespan of your drains by minimizing the damage and deterioration that can accumulate over time.
- Gets rid of foul odors – Drain cleaning removes food particles and debris trapped in drains. When Daniel’s Plumbing & Son professionally clean your drains, it will also remove foul odors.
- Faster drainage & reduced clogs – Drains can be prone to obstructions over time, leading to severe clogs. Cleaning your drains can clear clogs; you’ll even notice faster draining!
- Keeps expensive repairs away – When you schedule regular drain maintenance, you can often catch minor issues before they become big problems. Your plumber can spot these early on if you have aging pipes, overflowing pipes, or clogs.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drains
Keeping your home’s drains clean is integral to home maintenance duties. Deciding how often to clean your drains should depend on many factors, such as your household size, how much you use your drains, and more.
Some small households may be able to get away with cleaning on an “as-needed” basis. In contrast, bigger homes may need to schedule professional drain maintenance more often. In general, we recommend yearly maintenance. It is a good idea to talk to your plumber in San Diego or Long Beach about your recommended drain cleaning schedule based on your usage.
What Can I Do To Maintain Your Drains
After A Professional Cleaning?
After your drains receive a professional cleaning, you must still take proactive maintenance steps to keep them running smoothly. You can do a few things yourself to keep your drains clear.
How To Prevent Drain Clogs:
Be mindful of what you put down the sink, toilet, and shower drain.
- Invest in a drain grate or screen.
- Look at the stoppers in your sink every couple of weeks for any hair, soap buildup, or other debris that has started to accumulate in the drains.
- Avoid putting over-the-counter chemical cleaners down the drain. They can cause problems with your pipes.
- To remove any gathering buildup, run or pour hot water down your bathroom drains weekly.
- Have cold water running when your garbage disposal is on
These preventative drain maintenance steps and investing in regular cleaning services can help prevent significant issues. Unmaintained drains can result in major clogs or even drain blockage, which could damage your pipes, decrease water quality, and lead to potential health risks
Fast, Efficient & Professional Drain Cleaning
If you are looking for professional, reliable, and affordable plumbing services in San Diego or Long Beach, call Daniel’s Plumbing & Son. We are known for our friendly and efficient service. No maintenance or repair job is too big or too small – we can handle all types of plumbing work!